The business world is moving at breakneck speed, and two components define the leader in the race: innovation and real-time collaboration. The demand has never been greater for the enabling of individuals with mindshare to come together—from anywhere—to build ideas, offer iterations, provide feedback, give approvals and create solutions.
Now is the time for advanced, intelligent office conditions that support the interactive mandates of today’s corporate climate, and here are six interactive office furniture solutions that answer the call.
1. OFM’s new Morph Series offers lounge chairs and loveseats with innovative flip-up privacy walls that create immediate, impromptu private work environments. These soft-seats also come with a built-in electronic panel located in the armrest, which includes two USB ports and an outlet, making recharging any electronic device a breeze.
2. Featuring not only an assortment of curvilinear and rectilinear configurations with varying back heights and benches, Global Furniture Group’s seating and tables provide power and USB outlets for all your devices. This means you have the convenience of plugging right into the armrest, rather than hunting behind furniture for an outlet.
Welcome to the future, Mr. Edison.
Mobile Work Space
3. Open up a Beebox and discover a complete, comprehensive mobile workspace. Inside your mobile office pod, you’ll find standards like a desk and storage cupboards, as well as acoustic panels for noise reduction. Plug in your Beebox at a single point, and you’ve got electricity for not only all your devices but also built-in office lights. No further integration or interface is needed for set up; just jump right into your work. And regardless of where your mobile office is located (warehouse, off-site, etc.), you are still connected to your team through tools like EventBoard integration.
(Image Source: Beebox)
With his finger on the pulse of how tech makes offices smarter, Zach Holmquist, CTO and co-founder of Teem, has stated, “Scheduling meetings, booking rooms and reserving resources is a job in and of itself, and 80 percent of executives believe AI will eliminate this issue in the near future.”
4. Framery, a pioneer in manufacturing and developing impromptu soundproof private spaces, identified this need for securing private collaborative space early on, and remains the only company in the market solely focused on creating a solution to disappearing traditional meeting spaces. The company currently offers two options: Framery O and Framery Q. Designed for individual occupancy, Framery O is perfect for making important calls, participating in video conferences and having quiet space to focus on demanding tasks. Framery Q adds space and comfortable accessories for the use of two people, allowing them to have meetings, brainstorming sessions and important one-on-one conversations.
5. A new technology platform, Bluescape, is an infinite, collaborative workspace, operated on cloud-based software so it can be accessed anywhere, anytime and on multiple devices—including large-scale, high-definition, multi-touch screens, iPads, laptops and mobile devices. This tool empowers decision makers and development teams with superior global communication and accelerated organization and strategizing capabilities.
(Source: Google Jamboard)
6. Introduced last October and finally available in May, Google’s Jamboard is a 55-inch 4K TV with touchscreen functionality. Featuring NFC, a webcam and Chromecast support, nearby devices can also beam content directly to the Jamboard. As you write on the Jamboard, by finger or stylus, it uses handwriting recognition to transform it into editable text, too. There will also be collaboration tools for smartphones and tablets that sync up with the Jamboard, which is handy for remote team members and those who don’t have their own 4K digital whiteboard.
Success in today’s corporate climate relies heavily on a company’s ability to comfortably collaborate in real-time—revealing an imperative need for efficient, adaptable office furniture and an intuitive workspace design. These are a few frontrunner solutions, that wonderfully showcase what more there is to come.