The Teem Outlook Add-in allows you to bring the features you love from Teem (filters for room location, capacity, and amenities) into Outlook for the first time! The add-in is available for Outlook.com, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and Outlook 2007, with Office 365 or Exchange versions of those same years. This article will guide you through installing and using the add-in.
- The Teem Outlook Add-in requires each user to have a user account on Teem.com. We recommend using Office 365 SSO or ADFS.
- Office 365 or Exchange 2007 or newer
- Outlook.com or Outlook 2007 or newer
- Admin access in Exchange/Office 365
- We also recommend adding the following to your spaces get the most out of the add-in:
Once you have checked everything off the list you are ready to add your Add-in.
Native vs Web versions of the Teem Outlook Add-in
There are technically two versions of the Teem Outlook Add-in: web and native. These versions are of no relation to browser and desktop versions of Outlook, they simply refer to the code base of the add-in.
When should you use the Native Add-in vs the Web Add-in?
The native add-in should only be used if the web add-in is not available for your versions of Outlook and Exchange. Listed below are advantages of the web add-in.
- The web add-in can be easily deployed and managed across an organization. The native add-in must be installed and removed individually on each device by the user.
- Since the web add-in is essentially a website it is always up to date. This makes deploying bug fixes much easier. The native add-in updates every time Outlook is first opened.
- Once the web add-in has been added to your account it propagates to all applicable devices you use. The native add-in must be installed on each device individually.
- The web add-in is the future of Microsoft. They are using it for their iOS, Android, and Mac deployments and it is where they will focus development.
How do I know which version of the add-in I can use?
Refer to the compatibility matrix to make sure you are able to use the Web add-in.
Do the add-ins differ in features or functionality?
The native and web add-ins share the exact same functionality and have the same look and feel. So you do not need to trade features or functionality for one vs the other.
Setting up the Web version of the Teem Outlook Add-in
Prerequisites for the Web version of the Teem Outlook Add-in
Configuring Teem Outlook Web Add-in
As an admin navigate to the Exchange Admin Center by going to outlook.office365.com/ecp for Office 365 or https://yourmailserver/ecp/ for on-premise Exchange versions.
From here you will see the Organization tab off to the left of your screen. Click here and then click Add-ins
Near the top of this new screen click the + button...
then ‘Add by URL’
Next, enter this URL https://o365.teem.com/manifest.xml into the box as shown below
Now, the permissions for the add-in are not set correctly upon creation of the add-in. Click on the Teem add-in and then click the Edit button near the top of the page to make changes.
We recommend checking ‘Make this add-in available to users in your organization’ as well as ‘Mandatory, always enabled. User can’t disable this add-In.’
You have now successfully added your Teem Outlook Add-in! Our Teem Outlook Add-in can also be shared on a group by group basis as well.
Setting up the Native version of the Teem Outlook Add-in
How do I install, update, and uninstall the Native Outlook Add-in?
The outlook native add-in is installed via a ClickOnce installation. For information on click once please visit https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/142dbbz4(v=vs.90).aspx. ClickOnce must be installed on the client's PC by the user on their designated user account. To deploy to an organization an administrator can send out an email with a link to the download of the "OutlookPluginSetup.exe" and the users can download and run through the setup.
The installation instructions are the same for both the end user and administrators since you must be logged onto the user's account.
How to Install
- Download the "OutlookPluginSetup.exe" from the download URL on the Teem website. https://outlook.teem.com/plugin/TeemOutlookSetup.exe
- Run "OutlookPluginSetup.exe" from your downloads directory.
- On the verify publisher screen click "Install".
- The application is then downloaded and installed with no user input.
- Once installed click "Close" on the "The Microsoft Office customization was successfully installed" screen.
- Your Teem outlook add-in has now been installed and will be available the next time you launch the outlook application.
How to Update
- Every time the outlook application is first opened the application will check for updates.
- If an update is found it will be downloaded and applied automatically.
How to Uninstall
- Launch the "Add or remove programs" application.
- Navigate to "Teem Plugin" and click "Uninstall".
- Flow the appropriate prompts to finish uninstalling the application.
How to use the Outlook Add-in
Once the add-in has been installed, simply opening your Outlook instance will allow it to be run. In Outlook, go to the Calendar view. Then open an appointment creation window and take the following steps:
- Click the Room Finder add-in by Teem. That should slide out a drawer menu from the right side of the screen where you will be prompted to Sign In.
- Sign In using your name and password. If you are using our Office365 SSO, Google SSO, or SAML login options, those buttons will be accessible below the username and password fields.
- Once a successful Sign-in has happened. You’ll be prompted to Authorize the Teem add-in to access resources. Please select the Authorize option.
- The next screen you’ll see will ask you to set your “default location.” These are the floors and rooms you most commonly use. Our add-in will restrict the search results to these spaces.
- When the location has been set, Teem will display the available resources for the time frame specified in the appointment window. By selecting any resource on this list, the resource name will be populated in the location field of your meeting creation screen.
- If you like to utilize additional filters to identify appropriate spaces, you can click the filter icon on the upper right side of the window. This will allow you to adjust you default location, add a room capacity filter, and also sort by room amenities like AppleTV or Projector.
We hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us by email or phone at: email@example.com, 415-830-6989.