The Work Requests feature provides employees with the ability to report issues on certain room amenities (such as Apple TV, monitors, chairs, etc.) to the appropriate contact(s) within the organization.
In order to use Work Requests you’ll need to fulfill a few requirements as listed below:
- Work Requests is not available with all subscription levels. Contact your account manager if you'd like to get access to Work Requests.
- Make sure that the Teem account you’re using to log in has been granted admin-level permissions.
- Your company’s Teem account should have its structure built out to match your organization’s physical space.
- For Apple users: EventBoard 2.8 or newer
- For Android Users: EventBoard 1.2.0 or newer
- Assign Room Information and Assets: Although not required, this step provides context for the Work Requests that come in, and makes it easier to manage your resources or amenities.In order to add specific resources and amenities to a particular room, please read our support article here.
Got all that? Now you’re ready setup and use Work Requests!
How to Set Up Work Requests
1. Click Manage from the anchor menu on the left-hand side of your screen and select Locations from the stack.
2. You will automatically be directed to the Spaces tab. From there, select the name of the space in which you are needing to enable Work Requests
3. Select the yellow button labeled Overrides on the right-hand side of the space you wish to change.
4. A Settings Overrides pop-up menu will appear. Scroll to the Section labeled Work Requests. Toggle the option to yes.
5. Enter in the email address you would like the work requests to go to.
6. Save changes at the bottom and you will be good to go!
Remember, you can change these settings at any level, all the way down to Space. Make Work Requests more efficient by ensuring that alert emails go to the person or group responsible for maintaining rooms in each particular building or campus.
With these steps done, your users can now make a Work Request from the device!
JIRA Integration for Work Requests
Turn a Work Request into a JIRA ticket using our JIRA integration. Read more here.
How to Send Requests
On your EventBoard device, you will see a 'Menu' button at the bottom of the Display and Booking screen.
Tap on this Menu button. You will then see three different actions that can be done from this menu. You will want to choose the middle option, 'Report an Issue.'
You are then presented with the icons of the various resources or amenities you have determined to be available in the room. If you have not yet selected the amenities for the room, follow this article to get that set up.
Select the icon for the resource that is having an issue. You are now taken to the 'Describe the Issue' page.
Users are the presented the opportunity to enter additional details regarding the nature of the work request. For example, if they projector is selected as a problematic resource (thus needing the work request) the user can describe the nature of the issue. Once the user has completed the description, they click submit on the screen, and a confirmation of the submission is displayed on the screen.
We hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us by email or phone at: email@example.com, 415-830-6989