Using visitor types allows you to set the fields and contract that each visitor type is required to fill out at check-in, and then use that data to inform business decisions by exporting visitor logs and utilizing visitor Insights. Examples of visitor types are: Delivery, Family, Guest, Food, etc.
In order to use visitor types, you’ll need to fulfill a few requirements as listed below:
- A LobbyConnect license – you can obtain one by reaching out to your account executive!
- Make sure that the Teem account you’re using to log in has been granted admin-level permissions.
- Your company’s Teem account should have its structure built out to match your organization’s physical space.
- Have LobbyConnect application installed and running on your iPad
Got all that? Now you’re ready setup and use Visitor Types!
Creating Visitor Types
To create a new visitor type, navigate to your admin dashboard. In the menu on the left side of the page, select Manage → Visitors → Types.
Click the button on the top right of the Visitor Types page to arrive at the New Visitor Type form.
Fill in the form for your new visitor type. Below are descriptions of each field.
- Type Name - Give the visitor type a name, such as "Delivery" or "Guest". Visitors will select the reason for their visit from the list of Type Names when they check in, so use names that are descriptive enough for your guests.
- Upload Icon - Upload an icon to represent the visitor type on the LobbyConnect display. Here are some visitor type Icons to get you started.
- Input Fields - These are the fields that a visitor will be asked to fill out on the initial registration screen. You can select if they will be removed, optional, or required.
- Select Contract - This will let you select any contracts you’d like your visitors to sign through LobbyConnect when checking in. If you leave the defaulted None option, no contracts will be shown.
- Choose Badge Style - This will let you select the style of visitor badge to be printed. You can use our default template, or select any custom templates the Teem staff have built for you. If you leave the defaulted None option, no badge will be printed.
Select 'Save Visitor Type'.
Repeat the process to set up all the visitor types that you would like to appear on the display when a guest checks into your office.
Enabling Visitor Types
Users have the ability to turn individual visitor types on for the locations of their choosing. Visitor types follow the rules of settings inheritance and can be enabled/disabled from the Campus level down to the Device level. For example, if you want to turn on Interview, UPS, Client Visit and Hot Dog Delivery on at the campus level, those visitor types will be turned on for all of your locations, but if you want to make sure that a certain building is not accepting any Hot Dog Deliveries, you can turn that visitor type off for that building only.
To enable visitor types, navigate to the Locations section of the admin dashboard. Then select the location (again, any level) where you’d like to enable visitor types.
Once there, click the App Setting Overrides (or Device Overrides) button
Then select LobbyConnect Overrides in the right pop-out menu.
Scroll down to Visitor Types and toggle the visitor types on/off as you please, then select 'Save changes'.
Once these changes have been saved, when a visitor checks in using LobbyConnect, they’ll be asked the reason for their visit then asked to fill in the fields and sign applicable contracts for that visitor type.
We at Teem hope you find this article helpful! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or by phone at 415-830-6989, if you have any questions!