Create a lobby for use with LobbyConnect 2.0, our visitor management platform.
Creating a Lobby
Creating a Lobby is very similar to creating a room or desk.
1. Navigate to Teem.com
2. Click Manage in the left menu.
3. Nested under Manage, click Locations. You will now see the Locations page for your organization.
4. There are tabs at the top of the page. There is a Spaces tab. Click on this.
5. A yellow ( + ) symbol will appear next to the Spaces tab. Click on this to add a new Lobby.
6. Once you have clicked to add a space, a pop out will open to the right of the screen.
7. Here, you will choose a Space Type (Room, Lobby, or Desk). In this case, we are creating a Lobby space.
8. Then name your space. This name will appear in your Teem dashboard.
9. Next is an option for a short description. This could be a description of the location of the Lobby for reference.
10. Finally, you will need to select the location where your space will be living in your organization.
Once you have chosen the location, you have the option of saving this room and adding another, or saving this room without creating more rooms. Choose the option that best fits.
Creating a Lobby with Quick Add
Creating a Lobby with Quick Add is similar to creating a room or desk with Quick Add.
1. To start, navigate to Teem.com.
2. Go to the menu on the left side of the screen and click Manage.
3. Nested under Manage, find Locations and click that. You will now see the Locations page for your organization.
4. Teem users with Admin privileges will see a small ( + ) symbol on the right as they hover over each section of the Location Directory. This is called the Quick Add button. Clicking the Quick Add button will add a new space.
5. When adding a space, you will need to choose if the space is a Room, Lobby, or Desk. For this case, you will choose Lobby.
6. Lastly, you will be asked to name the Lobby you are creating.
With this Quick Add feature, users can build out an entirely new location in minutes.
You can also drag and drop a room onto a different floor, or a floor onto a different building. It's handy to clean up one-off mistakes or move an entire deployment into a new building.
Note: Locations created using Quick Add inherit settings from their parent location.
Now that you have successfully created your Lobby, head over to our article on adding devices and get your device set up.